Book of Flight: 10 Record-Breaking Animals with Wings
A stunning world-records book of animal flight, by the author-and-illustrator team behind the bestselling Book of Bones!
- A worthy follow-up to Balkan and Brewster's bestselling Book of Bones, featuring informational back matter and touchable wings
- Packed with guess-who challenges, unbelievable facts, engaging comparisons, and stunning reveals
- A playful and unusual approach to nonfiction, touching animal anatomy, animal behavior, simple aeronautics, and aviation design
- The superlative structure echoes books of world records, a bestselling category for the age group
- Fully researched and vetted by experts
Meet ten fascinating flyers through a series of superlatives – and guess who's who while learning about airborne animals. From the fastest (white-throated needle tail) to the most acrobatic (flying fox bat), and from the best glider (colugo) to the best backward flyer (hummingbird), each master of flight is cleverly depicted in a blueprint-inspired diagram, accompanied by playful, informative text. The stunning page-turn reveal features a full-color illustration and an explanation of what makes each animal's way of flying so special.
Ages 5-8 years
Gabrielle Balkan is a writer and editor living in Brooklyn, New York. Her books include the acclaimed Book of Bones and The 50 States atlas series.
Sam Brewster is an award-winning freelance illustrator, photographer, and filmmaker based in London. This is his third children's book.
Size: 315 x 254 mm (12 3/8 x 10 in)
Pages: 48 pp
Illustrations: 48 illustrations